Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rag Pillow Reveal!

Several posts ago, I blogged about a project we had begun in Art Studio to make rag pillows from t-shirt strips (see Rag Pillows on a Rainy Day).  Well at long last, and after about 6 t-shirts worth of strips, I have finished it!  Woo hoo!

Check out the finished product sitting pretty with other flirty pillows.  I had a ball stuffing it full of colorful patterned tee strips and matching it to my guest room. (This is totally different than matching a painting to your sofa----I promise.) My friendly little pillow is now happily ensconced on my window seat....that is until I make my bed and take a follow up pic.


It was fun and easy to make and I often worked on it while I was watching Alcatraz, Castle, Glee, Vampire Diaries, or any other treat.  Here's a close up of the materials. All recycled--- even the back which I did in a cheery black polka dot.  Try one yourself, or better yet, grab a teenager and get them started!



No comments:

Post a Comment