Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bubble Scarves are the Best!

I love anything bubbled---bubble cuffs, bubble skirts, bubble coats.  Recently, my best buddy Pam taught me how to make bubble cuffs, so I have added them to some of my recent sweaters and hoodies.  The other day, it occurred to me that I might be able to add them to the fleece scarves I'm playing with.  So, with some thoughtful engineering, I have been able to create scarves with bubble ends.  The real fun?  Being able to use extra sleeves (cut off from tees to make our flutter line) and cuffs to create some really unique pieces. For this creation, we found the perfect tie dyed baseball fleece.  Scouting about in the studio, I grabbed some super soft red polka dotted minky and started my bubbles! The result is this baseball scarf, perfect for the year-round fan.  I love being able to stick my hands into the bubbles when it gets cold!!  Fun, fun!

You can see the finished product on our Etsy site at:


 http://www.etsy.com/listing/87928330/ladies-or-girls-fleece-bubble-scarf-tie











No comments:

Post a Comment