Friday, July 22, 2011

Artists of the World Unite!


Sometimes, the things we work on together are the best.  Maybe it's the creative spark that rebounds between people, or maybe it's just the fun we have creating colors our view of the result.  Years ago, when Nikki was a wee little artist, her four grandparents came together to create this dream house as a surprise for Christmas.  (Ryan's motorized roller coaster is barely visible behind the house, but the hours it took to create easily matched the time spent on the dollhouse.) Both projects are etched memories for our family.  I'm betting that most people have a similar memory of making something with friends and family.

Perhaps this is why I am so excited about the first ever Halloween Hat Party coming up on 7/30.  This past week at the AmericasMart Gift show I found amazing hats--- by a great company called Elope.  One of these amazing finds may become my base, or I may have to break down and do my take on Professor McGonagall's hat.  No matter how the hats turn out---and I will post them, so stay tuned-- it will be the process of creating them with friends and family that will make them all the more memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment