Monday, July 25, 2011

Trick or Treat T-Shirt Sacks


Several years ago, I came across an Etsy seller that made these great sacks out of used t-shirts.  In our neighborhood, the teen trick or treaters always used a pillowcase to collect as much loot as possible on Halloween night.  The only drawback? No handles on the pillowcases.  Time for a better mousetrap! 


So, when I saw her ingenious use of t-shirts for everyday items, it made sense to adapt it to Halloween use.  When I was out thrifting, I started to notice lots of used Halloween shirts. Over a short period of time, I had collected more than enough for my ArtWalk club. We had a lottery to determine who got to pick their t-shirt first. Once all the fun was done, we had some great sacks. Some of the kids' creations are displayed above.  What a great, inexpensive way to celebrate a fun, creative holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment