Sunday, March 11, 2012

Put Me in the Zoo?

When I was growing up, I loved Dr. Seuss.  Many of his books appealed to me due to their whimsy, colors, made up words and terrific ideas.  But the one that stood out among the others for me was Put Me in the Zoo. Maybe it was the colors, the polka dots or the message of trying to fit in, but realizing you should be yourself and stand out. Whatever drew me in, I loved it and still love it all these years later.

Even though I currently drive my 2005 "Mom Minivan" nicknamed Merlin, I can't help but sigh at the sight of cute VW bugs zipping around my town and think "someday." I have gone so far as to paint polka dots on fun VW's in my art series entitled VROOM.  Blue Bug 2 is below.






So, when I woke one morning with the idea that I should just find round plain car magnets and polka dot my mini-van, I couldn't wait to start Googling. Without much effort, I found Instant Karma, collections of fun magnets that you can use to decorate your vehicle.  And though mine is not yet the Beetle I hope to have one day, I couldn't resist putting my own spin on Merlin.







Check it out.  I have a feeling it will attract quite a bit of attention in my little Conservative enclave. And though I won't fit into the sea of white, grey, silver and beige cars I drive in each day, I might add just a little whimsy to the road. (And find my car easier in the parking lot.)


No comments:

Post a Comment