Tuesday, June 14, 2011

America's Game

Atlanta is a serious baseball town.  Last year, over 2.5 million (yes million) people went to a Braves game at the Ted (aka Turner Field).  To me, this game is quintessentially American.  Kinda goes right in there with apple pie.  (But that will be another posting later this summer when my cousin- Queen Kimbo the Pie Queen- will teach me how to make our grandmother's apple pie from scratch).




For now, I'll stick to my own recipe for funky fashion.  Having come across two really fun, gently-used baseball t-shirts that were either too boxy,  too hot, and too male-shaped, I started dissecting the pieces.  You saw three of them in yesterday's post called "Batter Up!" (Also in the recipe, the bottom of two other t-shirts to use as princess cuffs, one humongous blue shoe lace and some red and white stripe fabric.)   Out of the oven? A very girly creation called "America's Game".  This may be the perfect wrap for an evening game when a cool breeze delights both young and old.  Maybe it's time for some cracker jacks-- or a piece of .......apple pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment