Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Positive and the Negative

 It's way too hot too soon in Atlanta.  93 today--- about 8 degrees hotter than we should be.  That's the negative.  The positive?  My tropical flowers are jamming and I am enjoying the blessing of creating in my cool studio even more.

I am continuing to have a lot of fun with the tricked out tees. Just completed one called "Two Sides of the Coin" for best buddy, professional mixed media photographer, Pam.  (The great faces are from a cool tee that she wanted incorporated. I loved her play on the positive/negative image.)  The image, the polka dot bubbles and the ruffled bottom combined together in a way that harkens back to some of my earlier mixed media paintings. 
Cup of Joe 4

So the good news?  It is finished at last and she loves it.  The negative?  I will never get another image just like that one.  As an avid upcycler, though, I am convinced that the next treasure is just around the corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment