Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ferris Wheels and Carousels



I'll admit it.  I am a huge fan of ferris wheels and carousels.  They rock.  The movement is relaxing and exhilarating all at the same time.  So, when we recently journeyed out to Balboa Island to the Fun Zone, I couldn't resist riding the ferris wheel- twice.  (And the carousel once- which just didn't compare.)

To commemorate my joy, I snatched up a t-shirt on the way out, plans already formulated in my head to "trick" it out big time.  Stay tuned.  Anything that blissful must be acknowledged in equal measure. (On our trip, I also collected a couple of great LA shirts and one old-time Balboa Island surf shirt). Perhaps these will be the start of the spring limited edition collection of tricked out tees. We'll see.


Of course, there is nothing like a wild bungee jump.  Nikki shows the way to really get into it.  While she was loving the bounce, I was loving the island.  I would be remiss if I didn't mention the amazing houses and gardens on Balboa Island.  A gardener's paradise for sure.  The flowers were astounding-hydrangeas, lilacs, roses, petunias, geraniums all flourishing in the misty sea air.  Gorgeous eye candy. Hats off to the residents that have created an amazing ambience for an unforgettable place.

Oh, and did I mention that Balboa is also the home of the frozen banana?

No comments:

Post a Comment