Monday, May 23, 2011

Halloween Thrift Extravaganza!

Only 4 more days of school.  So, as the kids went out the door today, I headed to one of my favorite thrifting meccas, Valu Village, to stock up on "raw material".  (Valu Village writes on their website that
" ...our recycling program prevents 500 million pounds of unsold merchandise from ending up in landfills last year.") Not a bad service for the community, and a great treasure trove for me-and the crazy quilter I met in the check out line.  But onto the goods.....


I am really excited about creating some Halloween-themed "tricked out tees" and needed a little inspiration.  Enter these fabulous images---each for $1.29.  As they sway in the suds and circle in the dryer, I will be plotting and scheming---- keep an eye out for the finished products coming soon.  One thing for sure---the parody of American Gothic above will have to be added onto for a shirt for Nikki.  She was entranced by larger than life version on the Miracle Mile in Chicago.  (She appears as the pixie guarding their luggage below.)

No comments:

Post a Comment