Saturday, May 28, 2011

Used Uniforms=Upcycled Inspiration!

During this past week, our school held the annual used uniform sale.  Though you typically don't come out that much richer (most things go for under $7), it's a great way to recycle uniforms to the most receptive audience----always important if you want your efforts to be the most effective.  So, I dutifully cleaned, pressed, pinned and priced 34 items- ranging from pants to crested shirts to plaid skirts to ties.  When it was over, I was not ready to retire on my proceeds, but had some fun summer money and some great finds of my own.


In keeping with the tricked out tees that I have been creating for Echo (see "Couch Potato" on left), my daughter and best friend decided it might be fun to do the same with the Eagle spirit wear that they get to wear to school each Friday.  (Also a great way to stand out from the crowd. ) Perfect timing!  At the used uniform sale, I was able to swoop up some tees, skirts and ties, all for under $12.  Adding some other trims and what not to the mix, and we are ready to create masterpieces.  Stay tuned.  When they are done, we will post them with a loud...."Go Eagles!"

No comments:

Post a Comment