Saturday, May 21, 2011

Welcome to Atlanta Upcycler!

Thanks for joining me for my inaugural post.  Driven by a desire to share new and unique ways to reinvent the wheel, I have started this blog. No doubt, I will also be sharing some ideas on how to reinvent our city, community, state, nation and world as well.  Chime in!  The best ideas are the ones that are shared, built upon, discussed, discarded and reinvented.

A couple of years ago, I came across the surprising statistic that the average American discards 68 pounds of clothing per year.  68 pounds!  A number of items that flood the garbage and thrift stores still had the tags on.  Surely there had to be a way to reinvent and reinvigorate such "waste".  After all, one man's trash is another man's treasure, right?  With this in mind, I started Echo!, a small clothing company that upcycles gently used sweaters into creations better than ever before.  I hope to share some of those creations, as well as other ideas, in the pages of my blog. The creativity of upcyclers and artists consistently amazes me, and hopefully will inspire you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment