Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Indigo, Lavender, Periwinkle-- Can you say Purple?


 I've got to admit that I am feeling a bit like a princess with school almost out- less than 2 full days before we can begin to sleep later, forget the books (unless it's a great page turner) and dawdle a bit.  Came across two interesting tops when thrifting the other day.  Both appeared to be made of a gossamer fabric.  Thinking about Echo's upcoming holiday orders, after they were squeaky clean, I grabbed the scissors and went to work.  The first, Indigo Night, is my favorite.  It's this lovely shade of purple that reminds me of all the times I wanted the grape flavored....sucker, drink, soda.....you name it.  The black velvetty trim perfectly highlights the black outlines in it.  Since it is really polyester, the beauty of it all is......it's washable. Might have to take this little wrap out for a spin---some inky, indigo night.  (Stay tuned for my other creation tomorrow--- it's called Sterling Roses.)

No comments:

Post a Comment