Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Trip to the Tasty Freeze

The "raw materials"
It's finally getting to feel like summer in Atlanta.  Today, the temperature crossed the 90 degree mark, making me think of all things summer: 4th of July, picnics, swimming, heat waves and ice cream cones.  Time for a frothy fashion concoction!

Starting with a V-neck white burn-out shirt, a gently used 4th of July retro shirt,  and some pieces of trim from prior "experiments", I have created just what I need to celebrate the beginning of summer (and end of exams--- can I get an AMEN to that?!?)------it's the Tasty Freeze. Just like ice cream and a sugar cone, this tricked out tee should go well with a pair of jeans, shorts or even my favorite "poser" tennis skirt.


(A quick shout out to two friends- Marjy who stunningly has completed her first marathon at the Great Wall of China and Pam, who has guided Child #1 thru high school.  Amazing feats by inspiring women!)
The finished "treat"

No comments:

Post a Comment