Friday, April 27, 2012

Bowling Anyone?

I think bowling shoes are kinda fun. If you can get past the idea that someone has worn them before, you can really enjoy their geeky coolness.  So, when I spotted a teal cardigan sweater with cool periwinkle paisleys and swirls, I started to get the deja vu feeling on bowling.  Go figure?















I liked the trim- a chartreuse and periwinkle stripe, and wanted to incorporate it somehow in my new design.  By carefully trimming it off the sweater around the perimeter, I was able to seal the edges with a zigzag stitch and then re-attach it as trim.  Kinda fun.  I was even able to use the buttonhole and buttoned edges as the front trim.



I now envision this sweater with a pretty periwinkle or chartreuse tank, some white jeans and.....some snappy bowling shoes.  Or, I guess you could just wear it out to the movies, to dinner or to the office.  Boring!

If you enjoyed this post or would like to see more creations, I humbly invite you to follow me on Twitter at braitzatl or at www.echoclothingcompany.etsy.com




No comments:

Post a Comment