Monday, April 16, 2012

Latest Paper Doll? Meet Casey in the Aspens

I am going to confess.  I love aspen trees- especially as they turn yellow and "twinkle" in the fall.  It's a magical combination against a western sky---and nothing along the East coast, except maybe for a flaming red maple, comes close.  So, as I continued my Serendipity series of grown-up paper dolls, I added Casey in the Aspens.

Working on this piece allowed me to literally peel the paper bark off the trees and put it back on again using various archival handmade papers from my flat file.  So fun!  And Casey watches it all, in her boots with skirt, hair and bow blowing in the breeze. (Gave me a momentary memory of Marlo Thomas in That Girl throwing her hat up in the air.) So much fun.  Can't wait to start another and really wish I could just snap my fingers and borrow that skirt tomorrow......

I humbly invite you to follow me on Twitter at braitzatl


No comments:

Post a Comment