Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Meet Phoebe-Time for Daydreaming

I'm sure I am not alone when I say I wish I had more time for daydreaming.  Sitting on the curb in the summer dreaming up adventures, lounging in the tub, or staring at the clouds and seeing fun shapes seems like a luxury out of my reach.  As I get older, it seems some of the time to just "percolate" evaporates.  But not for Phoebe, my latest creation.

She began in a relatively elaborate setting-- compared to her other buds in the Serendipity series.  I designed a wrought iron chair in front of a wallpapered wall---perhaps too ambitious a feat in paint and paper.  But when color inspiration struck and I wanted her her chair to be blue, my layering was suddenly all wrong.  Joyfully, mixed media is a medium that allows for major renovations with creativity and a dash of daring.

Phoebe has finally emerged----sitting pretty in her chair with giant bun feet.  She is quite adored by all of her bird friends as she daydreams the time away........

If you enjoyed this post, I humbly invite you to follow my feed on twitter (braitzatl) or visit my website at www.echcolothingcompany.etsy.com to see other creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment