Monday, April 30, 2012

A New Take on the Old Hoodie Classic

Hoodies have been around for years.  Recently, you can even see them cropped and sleeveless.  So it was when I found two---both in pristine condition- with great design elements.  As an upcycler, I like to pay homage to the original designer by complementing and advancing the best elements of a garment.  In the first instance, I was honored to be playing around with an Ed Hardy sleeveless hoodie.  It was super soft and had a great print.  So, in order to put my spin on it, I added plaid shoe string ties to allow the wearer to close it but not zip it, so that what they chose to wear underneath would show.  I also added a complimentary button on the back so that the wearer could keep the hood up, displaying the cool print on it.




The second hoodie was short-sleeved and had a great pink camo print.  The original designer had put great  navy accents on it so I left them undisturbed.  Instead, I added oversized skater shoestrings to tie it shut---once again eliminating the need for the zipper, and another hood button.  Now both are updated and will allow the unique wearer to feel like they the one-of-a-kind creation they truly are.













If you enjoyed this post or want to see more designs, I humbly invite you to follow me at braitzatl (on Twitter) or visit www.echoclothingcompany.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment