Monday, April 2, 2012

Serendipity Series Begins

For an artist, inspiration for various series come from different places.  Sometimes it is from an experience, maybe a memory, a color, or an idea in passing.  This time, it was the idea that all women can be strong and masterful, but still love to be special, unique, and memorable. In short, we are multi-layered and multi-faceted.  Much like mixed media- from many different things- that somehow combine into something special.

My new series is called Serendipity for the feeling of the word and optimism of the series.  I began my first- Chloe- as an exercise with my studio class.  Chloe is made of paint, newsprint, archival paper and finished off with a few sharpie swirls. Who wouldn't like more serendipity?

If you would like to follow my current musings, you can find me as braitzatl on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment